Thoughts on Class Assignments

 When I first opened up the class schedule and syllabus I was a bit taken aback at the grading policies as well as the requirements of the course. As I started doing the assignments I realized that the course structure for this particular type of content is very beneficial in sparking creativity and thought. For example, reading a historical story and doing our own version of the story will be very good for us to really understand the details of each story we examine. Storytelling, as an art form, can be interpreted quite differently from person to person and it will most definitely be interesting to see my peers' thoughts and story interpretations. The grading component of this course is something I have not experienced before in college and I am very intrigued to see how my feelings will develop about it over the course of the semester. By having students "grade" their own assignments, I believe a sense of responsibility is created and a positive work ethic is promoted. As I enter my last semester as an undergraduate student at OU, I am very excited and hopeful for this last ride! 

                                                         (Norman, OK : Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

  1. I am so glad it is making sense, Adam! I just wrote my first story for the semester today, and at least for me it is such a feel-good experience to create something NEW. Just with the power of our imaginations! I hope you will have fun exploring the past story projects people have done (SO MANY PROJECTS) and then starting to write your own stories in Week 2 and beyond :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts