Week 2 Reading Overview

I have chosen to read the PDE Ramayana online because of its appealing characteristics such as an accompanying audio experience, visual representations of the text, and notes/links that better help the reader (me) understand what is going on. 

Comic Books:

Stories of Courage: Jataka Tales Of Valour And Victory

Tales of Arjuna: The Exploits of an Exceptional Warrior

I have chosen these comic books because I am fascinated by how figures in Indian Epics represented valued that were taught in the mainstream culture. For example, by learning about Arjuna and Jataka I can better understand what values and beliefs were common among the Indian people of the time. 

Videos:

"The Power of Myth"

https://youtu.be/X-nglzOvoCo

Hindu Creation Stories

https://youtu.be/MZ6hVl84sjg

Myth and storytelling is a very integral part of South Asian cultures and I am very interested to learn about it and its relation to Indian Epics this semester! 

                                     

                 (Shiva, the Lord of Dance, is a figure I have heard about before in pop culture! blogspot)

Comments

Popular Posts