My Topic Brainstorm

                          10+ Free God Of Prosperity & India Photos - Pixabay

                                                (Hindu Goddess, pixabay)

 Love Stories- Source

Storytelling often reflects societal issues and is representative of the attitudes and beliefs of the time period of which it was told. One of the main reasons I chose love stories as one of my possible project choices is because love and storytelling can have their origins traced back to the beginning of human interactions. I would like to do some more research on Indian mythology and storytelling, specifically the different gods of love and the stories of them in action. Love is one of the oldest human emotions and reading about its role in Indian storytelling intrigues me.

Stories of Creation - Source

Stories of creation are existent in almost every culture and religion on planet earth. If I chose this particular topic to do more research on it would be because I am very interested on how Indian storytelling and mythology approaches the topic of creation. I am not very well aware of this and would most definitely like to learn more about it. This particular topic could tie into stories of different gods in Indian and Hindu storytelling and that is something that fascinates me. Each God or deity has particular roles in Indian mythology and it would be neat to learn about how each of their life stories began. 

The Gods- Source

As I was reading through the list of Hindu deities I was struck at how expensive the list was and how detailed each of the roles of each deity was. If I chose this particular topic for my research project there is no doubt I would have unlimited stories to write about and in addition to exploring the different gods. Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva are some of the main figures but I would like to explore some that are not as common such as Ganesh and Bhima. 

Epic Heroes- Source

For this possible research topic, I would like to tell stories about the Hindu God Bhima and his story as a very strong individual and hero in mythology. One of my passions is powerlifting and it would be very interesting to read more about how strength plays a role in Indian epics and storytelling. As of this moment I am leaning very much toward selecting Bhima and Epic Heroes to create my story book since it is a topic that is very personal to me. 


Comments

Popular Posts